Monday, November 21, 2005

Blog of the day
E - Brechi another new link, this one totally self serving. Brechi is a total hottie, and reminds me in more ways than one of Med Boy. He is the poster boy for every guy that hits on me, everybody's twentysomething hottie. I don't know why and I don't care, I will simply enjoy that while it lasts. I'm not ashamed of it - college boys are hella fun!

You have to appreciate that these guys fear age, and in places like Manhunt and Gay.com - (your dating/hookup site here), one of the first sentences in their profiles is usually something to the effect "No daddies please" or "don't hit me up if you are over 30", and when they hit me up.. well it just always makes me smile.

Observing from his future..

In his blog he writes of the potential demise of Madonna as the unchallenged queen of music with the sort of melancholy of a guy who is waking up to the idea that time is marching on.. Gwen may have added herself to the picture with some very stellar work, but don't be fooled, Madonna is far from the end of the line. They may move over but they never really step down. Just as Tina Turner could walk onto the stage of ANY Madonna concert and bring them to their knees, Madonna will continue to rule.

My advice to the young and upcoming? Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions, you've yet to learn that not only does life not end at 30.. the really good parts are only just begining. And.. if you are really lucky, years from now, there will be a twenty something grinding up on you on a dance floor, plying you with drinks hoping you'll go home with him later, on your pillow whispering your name, not that an equally hot 40 or 50 something would not be welcome in that spot.

The majority of everything thats hot has rounded the bend to 40. George Clooney 44,Jet Li 42, Bruce Springsteen 55, Johnny Depp 42, Bruce Willis 50, Brad Pitt 41, Mat Dillon 42, Tom Cruise 43, John Stamos 42, Tommy Lee 43, Bonu 45, Benjamin Bratt 42, Peter Gallagher 49, Denzel Washington 50, James Denton 42, Lenny Kravitz 43... and the list goes on.

So the buzz is 40 is the new 30.. I don't want to be 30 again. I never gave away my youth.. it's part of who I am. I think that is as much a gift to some as the gift of poetry, or the ability to sing.. there is a naivete in youth, a willingness to suspend belief, an open channel to throw caution to the wind. It may leave me some day, and when it does MAYBE I will be ready to accept that.

But don't be expecting me to go gently into that good night anytime soon. Madonna and I will continue to flip father time the bird, and defy the rules of nature for some time to come... Trust.