Sunday, November 13, 2005

Blog of the day

Cool Relax, Proof that sexy isn't always what your showing. Ray-Ray is SOooooo damn cute!! And those ABS! Shoot!!! You may not ever find a guy more "Mom and apple pie", and I would hate it if that ever changed, not that it ever would. When I read his blog I'm always reassured that good guys are not mythical.. just as usual WAY too far away. Then on the other hand these quiet reserved types are the ones to watch when the lights go down... This guy just makes me smile.

Daddy daycare...
Daughters are the best, even when they are bad. We had a great talk yesterday, not that I am so dimwitted I believe this will never happen again. We are at least clear on the point that she knows what she did was stupid and dangerous. Every year, usually at the beginning of the school year there are stories of young people that drink themselves to death, often vomiting in their sleep and asphyxiating themselves. The numbers aren't huge but even one is too many. Also covered thoroughly, the genetic predisposition to substance abuse that is a clear and present danger.

Yes, by the time the lecture was over she would have promised "World peace" to get me to stop. Sometimes you just have to hope that at least some part of what you said actually stuck. What did stick was that by trying to drink away one problem she simply gained another. Trust is so hard to achieve and so easily lost.

She was out with her older cousin that night, a "good boy" ("M"), who then took her by her other cousins.. the "not so good boy"("J"), who together with his wife("B"), immediately began concocting a story that placed her anywhere but there during the escapade. The idiots actually called "M" while he was standing in my livingroom minutes after I called them demanding to know what it was she was drinking, to set the lies in motion.

I'm no prude, but really, if you mess up be a man and say so. Nothing will push my buttons faster than when someone pisses on my shoes and tells me it is raining. The whole elaborate smoke screen, put into play to keep my X from finding out her sisters kids got Tiffany drunk, would unravel just hours later when this pack of morons managed to pass the truth about what took place along to my X's Mother, who very promptly promised them to keep it hush, then went straight to my X with it. Indeed the apple did not miss hitting a single stick during it's fall from the crazy tree.

Now,all of this came full circle before yours truly had even opened his eyes the following morning. I did not have the option of deciding what to tell my X, the real bottom line is that Tiffany while she may not be an adult, is perfectly capable of making decisions. Clearly bad ones as of late, but none the less - her decision. Granted I would have still been angry had they just come clean, but I am livid with the way this all came down. It's dizzying.

There was one surprise.. my X did not freak out. Instead of dragging this around like a dog with a new bone, she kept her cool and went after the kiddies that perpetrated the all night ignoramus fest. I've waited for 2 days for the other shoe to drop.. maybe this is at last a turn for the better?

Hey it could happen.

All that folderal aside, the girlchild is grounded, and maybe while we are getting through that (because trust me I am now grounded too) I'll find the words, and the moment I need to make the next jump.

Favorite quote of the week:
"I rebuke this in the name of the Lord!" -Marguerite Perrin



..OMFG! Buckle up ya'll the antichrist is here and she wears spandex.