Thursday, June 16, 2005

Happy Sweet 16 Baby!!

16 years ago today I stood teary eyed holding your warm little body in my hands, all snuggled in a pink cashmere blanket.. your tiny fingers gripping my finger tip.. you were so perfect I couldn't keep my eyes off of you.. you were struggling to get a good look at me too, and you sort of smiled.. well they said it was gas, but we know better.

You have brought me such joy and happiness, and I'm watching you evolve into this vivacious, brilliant, strong, gorgeous, talented, phenomenally funny human being.. some days I feel so unworthy of the gifts you have given me. From the skinned knees to your staring role as a daffodil in the kindergarten play, to cheerleading and rollerskating.. even the first time a boy came to the door, I was and always will be the proudest Dad who ever lived.

So today you are a "woman" in so many ways, I looked in on you this morning, silky locks strewn around the pillow, so angelic when you sleep. You'll always, always be my baby... it's a law ask any Dad. For all that I have or ever will accomplish in life, you will always be the closest I will ever get to a masterpiece.

I love you always.

Daddy