Monday, October 31, 2005

Blog of the day-

What you thought it was an idol threat?

Addaboy "A good friend bails you out of jail. Your best friend is sitting in the cell with you going, 'that was awesome!'"

Hahaha! Straight from his profile ya just gotta like this one. He took down his pics dammit(Boo!)but I have a photographic memory where cute guys are concerned and this one is 2 thumbs up. Addaboy was one of my first blogging addictions, anybody that gets as much ass as he does belongs at the top of my list hehehe! I need to get his recipe for dragging straight guys out of the closet.. he has to have set some kind of deflowering record. At any rate - he is brilliantly funny, and well worth the read.

Happy Halloween!!

I love scary movies.. not slasher, entrails all over type movies - but the classic nail biter style scary. When I was a kid we had a Saturday afternoon show here in Detroit called "Sir Graves Ghastly", I watched this show religiously. He was sort of a "Count Chocula" style host, and they played scary movies.. the cool ones, The Mummy, The werewolf - you know, the golden oldies.. and no I don't care if I am dating myself here.

My Mother made me keep her old hope chest in my room, and after seeing Dracula I once stabbed the contents of that chest repeatedly with a vary large very sharp knife, I think her Dolly suffered multiple stab wounds.. along with her wedding gown and a shitton of 50's couture that she had stored away after she married.. sorry Mom. No, she doesn't know.

Halloween has always been my favorite, and I always made my kids costumes.. some of them were really a riot. Christopher was always my favorite crash dummy hehehe. At age 2 Christopher looked exactly like a Cabbage Patch Kid, so it was a no brainer to run to the corner market and grab 3 large heads of cabbage and some twine, stringing it to him till he was covered in the smelly stuff, turning the leaves up around his head.. it was PERFECT!

When he was 12, Edward scissors Hands was his favorite character.. and as luck would have it Christophers hair was sort of long and shaggy then so it was again a perfect choice. Once sprayed black and spikey, clown white and black shadowing - some latex scars and a dash of fake blood here n there, I strung real scissors to a pair of black leather gloves.. and Voila! Now.. there was one small glitch. Nobody (me) ever considered that the poor boy may have to pee. The consummate perfectionist, he was afraid his chest strings would get messed up - so he held it for more than 4 hours while trick or treating! What a man.

When Tiffany was 10 she was cat woman. He Aunt sacrificed her black leather coat and I made a costume that was a perfect knock off of the one Michelle Pfeiffer wore, complete with Dominatrix Whip (Don't ask haha) Everything was great till she cracked it on a friend.

Halloween for me has always been fun, time for good friends, time with my kids.. the things that count.

Happy Halloween!