Saturday, September 03, 2005

2 in a row

A new record for me.. Don't think I went all high browed, this post really started to be about what a scantless flirt I am.. but that still doesn't feel right at this time.

I'm watching the world news this morning and I see where there are people in countries all over in shock that we were not better prepared for this. I hope they are taking notes.. Mother nature does not really give a shit that you are a super power.

Save the critiques.. get your silly asses over here and help.

The criticisms will no doubt be endless as this wears on.. this thing landed with nuclear bomb like vengeance. People may have pictured the possibilities but I doubt you could ever be fully prepared for something like this.

It's 56 degrees out this morning, and I am watching the neighbor outside my apartment window smacking his air conditioner because no doubt it is not cooling his apartment.. idiot, shut it off and open the windows. My mind flips back to these people huddled en-mass, looking out at what could takes years to put back together.. it makes my heart sink.

This country has rushed to the aid of virtually every country on the face of this planet, sacrificing, persevering, comforting, and rebuilding. We will do the same here, because it's what we do best. What makes this country great is not it's guns. It's the fierce hearts that beat in unison, the open arms that reach down to lift them up, the determination to come back stronger and better than ever. There will be tears along the way, huge obstacles that will test us.

Trust, in the end, you'll see why we are truly the greatest nation in the world.